Head of Financial Reporting
The Finance Department, under the Finance Director, has around 40 staff. It provides financial services to the House of Lords, including financial management and reporting, procurement, payment services (including claims for financial support for Members) and staff payroll.
The main objective of the role is to provide professional financial and accounting advice and support to the Finance Director and the Head of Finance, in particular;
- Year-end accounts production
- Assisting in the Estimates process and monitoring for the House
- Providing high quality financial information
- Assisting good financial governance and compliance
- Reviewing and advising on business cases
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Relevant financial management and accounting skills including an understanding of the public sector financial framework as it applies in central government;
- Experience in producing annual financial accounts and working with external auditors;
- The ability to review business cases, raising questions and challenges and making clear recommendations in a report;
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing and the ability to explain complex issues to non-specialists, making them easy to understand
More information can be found in the job description.
This Vacancy is closed to applications.