Biological Sciences and Health Adviser
The Biological Sciences and Health Adviser will support POST in providing independent and balanced analyses to both Houses of Parliament on public policy issues with a basis in science and technology, especially those related to all of the life sciences and health.
- A bachelor’s degree (2.2 or higher) in a relevant scientific discipline
- EITHER a postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. MSc, MEng, PhD or EngD) OR relevant work experience
- Proven experience of policy analysis and/or excellent skills in science and technology communication (oral and written), that show the ability to absorb complex, technical subject matter and draft succinct, objective and impartial briefings.
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, setting realistic targets and prioritising effectively between competing priorities to ensure that changing short, medium and long-term demands and deadlines are met.
- Impartiality and a balanced approach to gathering, analysing and assessing evidence, experience of using a range of information and research sources and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of key stakeholders.
Interviews are expected to take place on the 5th of May 2020.
Applications must be submitted via the House of Commons website to be considered. Candidates should contact Recruitment via email or phone (found on the job description), if they have any related questions.