14th January 2024 at 23:55
We are looking for a Publications Assistant to join our Library Office at House of Lords. This is a position where you will publish and distribute research briefings to Members of the House of Lords.
This is an opportunity to work onsite at Parliament, with the option of hybrid working depending on business need.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work with a friendly team to deliver high quality products to support the Members of the House. You will be required to proofread the briefings and publish them to the Library’s website. You will also be responsible for distributing electronic copies by email and printed copies in the two Library suites.
You’ll be accountable for:
- Proofreading, document formatting and production. This will include checking documents for formatting, grammar and stylistic accuracy against the Lords Library Style Guide. The Library will provide relevant training and is committed to the continued development of key skills.
- Publishing, printing and distributing research briefings and other publications to Members. This will include using WordPress to publish to the Library’s website.
- Sourcing images from Library-approved databases for articles published on the website.
- Maintaining and managing administrative information and systems including uploading documents, maintaining webpages and updating database of users requesting Library products.
- Meeting and Library organisation (scheduling meetings, producing diary appointments, room booking, minute taking, booking travel).
- Providing administrative support for production of enquiry responses.
- Providing production and administrative support for the Library’s marketing team, using InDesign and Mailchimp.
If this sounds like something you would like to hear more about, please apply below.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to format and proofread documents to a high standard.
- To be able to work well under pressure and be a good team player.
- To be flexible and to work quickly with accuracy.
It would be even better if you had or if you’re willing to learn…
- Experience of Microsoft PowerBI, Wordpress, Mailchimp and InDesign.
The job description provides full details about the role and what we are looking for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 30 days annual leave (increasing to 35 after one years’ service).
- Generous pension scheme.
- Discounts from well-known brands and retailers.
- Parliamentary health and wellbeing programme.
- The opportunity to witness history in the making!
The work we do is vital to House of Lords, and you will be a pivotal member in the team strengthening the work of the House. The House of Lords is the second chamber of the UK parliament. It is independent from and complements the work of the House of Commons to:
- Make laws.
- Check and challenge the actions of the government through questions and debates.
- Investigate public policy and provide a forum of independent expertise.
Please complete your online application by 23:55 on Sunday 14th January 2024.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please contact HLRecruitment@parliament.uk
Job offers are standardly offered at the minimum of the salary range.
The House of Lords Administration is committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all candidates regardless of their age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender/sex, gender reassignment/trans status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation and socio-economic status. The Administration will also consider flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. For this role we particularly welcome applications from groups which are currently underrepresented within the team, including applications from Black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates and candidates with disabilities.
This Vacancy is closed to applications.